A sophisticated blend of lemon, garlic, fresh asparagus, delicate goat cheese and tasty Prosciutto, this recipe makes a delicious appetizer, an attractive buffet item or a savory side dish.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 medium fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), each trimmed to 5 inches
- 8 thin slices Margherita® Deli Prosciutto (about ¼ pound)
- ? cup soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in large bowl. Add asparagus; toss to coat. Place asparagus in baking pan.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Let cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Cut each prosciutto slice in half lengthwise. Spread each piece with about 1 teaspoon goat cheese. Wrap each slice in a spiral around each asparagus spear. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.