Stuffed Chicken with Margherita® Capicola
Savory Margherita Capicola, fontina cheese and plump Portobello mushrooms enveloped in baked chicken breast with white wine sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves
- 16 slices Margherita® capicola
- 16 slices fontina cheese
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 8 toothpicks (use to hold chicken cutlets together)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (use to dredge chicken)
- 1/2 cup oil (frying)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly the chicken breast so you are creating a pocket.
- Place 2 slices of capicola, fontina cheese and 2 slices of portobello mushrooms. Fasten with a toothpick. Roll in all purpose floor.
- Place oil in a large sauté pan and heat on medium to high. Sear the flour coated chicken breasts until they become browned on all sides.
- Set the browned chicken breasts in a Dutch Oven or roasting pan, add butter, white wine, chicken stock, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 425 degrees, baste and cook for additional 7 minutes. Serve in center of plate, drizzle pan juices and garnish with parsley.