Stuffed Chicken Cutlets with Margherita® Pepperoni & Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Create a signature dish in just 45 minutes when you top tender, pan-seared chicken cutlets with a delicious marsala sauce made from mushrooms, Margherita® pepperoni, wine and garlic.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets or 4 (4 ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons butter or olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby bella or crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced thickly sliced deli Margherita® Sandwich or Stick Pepperoni (2 ounces)*
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. Add chicken in batches to bag; shake to coat lightly with flour.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet; sauté 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; tent with foil and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to same skillet; sauté 4 minutes. Add wine and broth to skillet; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in pepperoni; simmer 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken; garnish with parsley.