Packed with flavors of kalamata olives, peppery arugula, sweet and sour giardinera and the rich, full-bodied flavor of Genoa and hard salami, this substantial sandwich is perfect for tailgating.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 (6 to 8 inch) submarine rolls or hoagie rolls, split
- ¼ cup Caesar or Italian dressing
- 1 cup packed arugula, watercress sprigs or baby spinach leaves
- 12 ounces deli-sliced Margherita® Deli Hard Salami or Genoa Salami
- 4 ounces sliced smoked mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- ¼ cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons drained hot or mild giardinera (pickled vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- Brush cut sides of rolls with dressing. Layer arugula, salami and cheese over bottom of rolls.
- Combine olives, giardinera and basil; spread over cheese. Close sandwiches with roll tops.