Sicilian Pizza with Margherita® Salami & Capicola
Rich asiago cheese and crumbled Italian sausage come together with thinly sliced Margherita genoa salami and hot capicola for a deliciously unique dish.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 pound pizza dough (store bought)
- Olive oil (as needed)
- 6 ounces pizza sauce (store bought, or housemade)
- 6 ounces chopped or diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces asiago cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled Italian sausage (cooked)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Margherita® hot capicola
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Margherita® genoa salami
- 8 ounces crumbled fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature. Lightly flour surface. Roll out dough to 3/8 inch and let rest for 10 minutes. Place dough in 13 x 9 deep dish pan and brush with olive oil. Pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together pizza sauce and tomatoes. Spread thin layer of sauce, then Asiago cheese. Alternate sausage, capicola, and salami. Scattered crumbled ricotta cheese evenly. Add oregano and crushed red pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.