Angel Hair Pasta and Scallops with Margherita® Prosciutto
Crispy Margherita® Prosciutto slices and fresh seared scallops with sautéed garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach over angel hair pasta in a lemon butter white wine sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1½ pounds or 10 - 20 count fresh scallops
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced Margherita® Prosciutto or 8 ounces julienned Margherita® Genoa Salami
- 8 ounces sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound sliced crimini mushrooms
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 4 ounces cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 4 ounces fresh basil
- Heat 12 inch sauté pan over medium high add 1 ounce olive oil. Sear scallops for 2 minutes on each side, remove from pan and cover.
- Add sliced Margherita® Prosciutto or julienned Genoa Salami to heated pan, sauté for two minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms. Sauté for another two minutes.
- Add wine and lemon juice, cook to reduce by half by deglazing the pan.
- Add salt and pepper, then stir in butter until melted.
- Add scallops back into pan and cook until they are heated through.
- Add fresh spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Place cooked pasta in the pan. Mix until pasta is well covered in sauce.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.