Breakfast never tasted so good. Dress up your scrambled eggs with amazing Asiago cheese, onions and peppers and the rich, robust flavor of Genoa or hard salami.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup red bell pepper strips
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Genoa, Hard or Reduced Fat Hard Salami, diced
- 8 eggs or 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat broiler.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Add salami; continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs lightly. Stir in half and half and ½ cup of the cheese, salt and pepper. Stir into vegetables in skillet. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom. If skillet is not ovenproof wrap handle in foil. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese over frittata. Transfer skillet to broiler; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 2 minutes or until eggs are set in center and cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley. Cut into wedges to serve.