Russian Salad with Margherita® Prosciutto
Thinly sliced and diced golden brown potatoes with edamame and carrots covered in red wine vinegar and wrapped with savory Margherita prosciutto.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 slices Margherita® prosciutto
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Thinly slice one potato lengthwise and dice the other into small cubes.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan to medium-high and fry potato slices and cubes to golden brown.
- Fill a saucepan ¾ full with water. Bring to a boil, add carrots and cook to fork tender (approximately 10 minutes). Add frozen edamame, corn and cook for another 7 minutes. Drain all cooked vegetables and cool with running cold water.
- Once cooled, mix drained vegetables together with fried, diced potatoes, mayonnaise, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, parsley, paprika, extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Lay two overlapping prosciutto slices flat and fill lengthwise with mixture. Roll them up from the end and place upright on top of a fried potato slice thats been placed on a serving dish. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve cold.