Pizza with Margherita® Prosciutto, Figs and Arugula
Delicious flat bread pizza covered in thinly sliced Margherita prosciutto with zesty blue cheese chunks, arugula and fresh green figs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10 inch pizza crust (preferable flat bread)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, chunks
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 6 fresh green figs
- 8 slices Margherita® prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 5-6 leaves of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup arugula
- Heat oven to 400-450 degrees.
- Put one tablespoon of olive oil on pizza crust, spread with hand all over crust. Place tomato sauce and diced tomatoes all over crust.
- Place blue cheese chunks over the sauce and sprinkle with oregano.
- Slice figs in half and place on crust. Gently place prosciutto over figs.
- Place basil leaves and arugula on top of prosciutto. Sprinkle remaining oregano and olive oil on top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes and slice.