Pepperoni & Three Peppers Lasagna
Classic Lasagna comes to life with thinly-sliced Margherita® pepperoni layered in with red, green and yellow peppers under fresh ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced green, red and yellow bell peppers (from the supermarket salad bar)
- 8 ounces deli Margherita® Pepperoni Stick, sliced*
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) tomato basil or marinara spaghetti sauce
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles (½ of an 8 ounce package) or 6 long lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers; cook 8 minutes or until peppers are tender, stirring frequently.
- Cut pepperoni slices into thin strips. Add pepperoni and spaghetti sauce to skillet; simmer 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce in bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan or dish. Layer 3 noodles, 1 cup of the ricotta cheese, 1 cup meat sauce and ½ cup of the Italian cheese in pan. Repeat layering with remaining 3 noodles, remaining ricotta cheese, 1 cup meat sauce, ½ cup of the Italian cheese and all of remaining meat sauce, covering noodles completely. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 45 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining ½ cup Italian cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.