Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Discover a whole new level of comfort food when tender boneless chicken breasts are stuffed with thick savory slices of Margherita® pepperoni, freshly chopped basil and rich Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50-60 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup finely diced thickly sliced deli Margherita® Sandwich or Stick Pepperoni (2 ounces)*
- ¼ cup julienned or chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup shredded or finely diced Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh sourdough or Italian breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut a slit in the side of each chicken breast forming a pocket (or have the meat retailer do this for you).
- Combine pepperoni, basil and cheese; stuff into pockets. Pinch edges together to close.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread mustard over chicken. Toss together breadcrumbs and oil; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.