Pepperoni Penne Pasta
Serve the fresh, light taste of summer all year long. This simple to make pasta dish combines ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, kalamata olives and spicy pepperoni for a pleasant and satisfying entree.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 ounces penne or multigrain penne pasta
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Pepperoni
- 2 cups chopped very ripe fresh tomatoes
- ? cup pitted kalamata or ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Stack pepperoni; cut crosswise in half and lengthwise into ¼-inch slices forming strips.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, olive oil and garlic in a very large bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to bowl and toss well. Add cheese and basil; toss again. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with additional chopped basil or basil sprigs if desired.