Pasta and Gorgonzola with Margherita® Prosciutto
Hearty Margherita prosciutto over gorgonzola-smothered cavatappi pasta with sautéed garlic mushrooms and spinach.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced Margherita® prosciutto, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- To taste: fresh ground pepper
- 10 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces fresh basil
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Cook pasta to directions on package.
- Heat 12 inch sauté pan in medium-high heat. Add olive oil and prosciutto, cook 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook 3-4 minutes. Wilt spinach for 1 minute, add heavy cream.
- Let simmer 2 minutes. Add black pepper and 8 ounces gorgonzola cheese, cook 1 minute.
- Toss with cavatappi pasta for 30 seconds. Add pasta water if too thick for the correct consistency.
- Serve in pasta bowls, top with remaining gorgonzola and fresh basil.