Pan Seared Rack of Lamb with Margherita® Salami and Jalapeno Cheddar Polenta
An original twist on classic lamb chops, taken to a higher level with authentic salami and creamy cheddar jalepeño polenta.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 cup corn meal
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 stick butter
- to taste: Chopped jalapeños
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 ounces Margherita® Genoa salami, diced small
- 4 pickled cherry peppers
- In medium sauce pan, diced Margherita® salami is sautéed in small amount of olive oil.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Add butter, let melt, and then add corn meal. Add cheddar and jalapeño and cook approximately 5 minutes until blended and smooth. Transfer to flat bottomed container and refrigerate (at least 1 2 hours until firmly set).
- Just before serving, heat olive oil, rosemary and garlic to high heat, and then reduce flame. Sear lamb to desired doneness, equally on each side (approximately 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange polenta in center of plate, surrounded by 3 lamb chops. Garnish with pickled cherry peppers and rosemary.