This classic sandwich combines the great tastes of hearty salami, spicy hot ham, mild cheese and piquant olive salad. It makes a wonderful entree for two, or you can make more and serve for your next super party.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 1 round loaf focaccia or Italian bread
- 1 cup olive salad*
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Hard or Genoa Salami
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Mortadella or Hot Ham
- Cut bread lengthwise in half. Use a fork to scoop out soft bread from each half, leaving a ½-inch shell; reserve crumbs for another use.
- Spoon olive salad into both bread halves. Layer salami, mortadella and cheese over bottom half of bread; top with remaining bread. Cut into four wedges. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.