Mini Calzones with Margherita® Pepperoni
The perfect party plate! Mini Calzones packed tight with savory Margherita pepperoni slices, shredded mozzerella cheese and mushrooms.
Prep Time: 2.6 hours
Total Time: 2.75 hours
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cup luke warm water
- 2 packages yeast
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Margherita® pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- egg wash
- sesame seeds
- On a flat surface, place the flour, sugar, salt & butter to create a well.
- In a separate bowl place luke warm water and yeast. Mix well together. Incorporate the water/yeast mixture into center of your well. Knead your dry and wet ingredients together until it takes the shape of a ball. Let the dough rest for approximately 2 hours.
- Divide your ball into 2 ounce sections. Roll out each 2 ounce section into a circular flat surface. Place Pepperoni, Mozzarella and Mushroom slices in the center.
- Fold over your dough, creating a half moon shape. Optional: brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds and thyme.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees. Cut into 3 strips and serve.