Meatballs with Orchetta Pasta and Red Pepper Pesto
Authentic Italian meatballs dance with a piquant red pepper pesto and lush orchetta pasta in this delightful take on an Italian classic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 30-40 fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 pound dry orchetta pasta (1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 medium portabella mushroom cap, sliced
- 3 slices Margheria® Prosciutto (chiffonade)
- In blender, combine half of the olive oil, 25 35 basil leaves and pine nuts. Blend until smooth. Add roasted red peppers and blend briefly. Heat mixture on stove until simmering. Reduce heat to keep this red pepper pesto warm until serving.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook orchetta pasta until al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In medium sauté pan, add spinach and sliced portabella cap. Sauté about 7 minutes over medium heat, then remove spinach and mushroom from the pan. Add Margherita® prosciutto and sauté until crispy.
- Pour red pepper pesto on plate, then add meatballs (heated) spinach, mushrooms and pasta. Dress plate with basil and prosciutto chips.