Margherita® Salami Panini with Peppers and Mushrooms
The ultimate panini piled high with savory Margherita genoa salami, fresh buffalo mozzarella, marinated mushrooms and zesty roasted yellow peppers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato paste (can be made by blending extra virgin olive oil with 6 slices of sundried tomatoes)
- 2 large slices panini bread
- 10 slices Margherita® genoa salami
- 1/4 cup fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 cup marinated mushrooms (in vinegar & garlic)
- 1/2 cup roasted yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Spoon the sundried tomato paste evenly on both pieces of panini bread. Place salami evenly on one slice. Lay mozzarella slices on top the salami.
- Slice the mushrooms and place on the mozzarella.
- Place the roasted peppers and spinach on the mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle well with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the second slice of pita on top and grill in Panini press until golden brown. Cut sandwich in half.