Margherita® Prosciutto with Crispy Tomatoes on Ciabatta
A toasted ciabatta roll piled high with polenta-crusted tomatoes, arugula, savory Margherita® Prosciutto, and finished with a garlic aioli.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 1 sandwich
- ¼ pound Margherita® Prosciutto, sliced
- 1 Tuscan ciabatta roll, sliced in half
- 2 ounces fresh baby arugula
- 1 beefsteak tomato or in-season yellow/red heirloom tomatoes (3-4 slices)
- ½ cup dry yellow polenta
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic aioli (to make: combine 3 mashed cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, 3 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh if possible), 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper)
- In small or medium mixing bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese and polenta, then distribute evenly on separate plate. Place sliced tomatoes in the polenta-parmesan mixture, covering both sides to coat.
- Heat small or medium frying pan to low heat, add a dash olive oil to pan, then add tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until light brown and crispy, then remove from heat.
- Toast the sliced ciabatta roll in the frying pan until edges become crispy, about 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons garlic aioli to the bottom slice of ciabatta bread.
- Add baby arugula then polenta-parmesan crusted tomatoes.
- Top with sliced Margherita® Prosciutto, close with top half of bread and serve.