Margherita® Pepperoni Spinach & Rice Stuffed Peppers
Your family will love this fresh take on the classic baked, stuffed pepper bursting with chopped, thick-sliced Margherita® Pepperoni, baby spinach, rice and bubbling provolone cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 large bell peppers, preferably a mix of red and green
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces thickly sliced deli Margherita® Sandwich or Stick Pepperoni*, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves (3 ounces)
- Cut tops off bell peppers (about 1/2-inch down from top). Chop pepper tops discarding stems. Discard seeds from pepper bottoms.
- Place peppers in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave uncovered 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped pepper tops; sauté 2 minutes. Add rice; sauté 1 minute. Add broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir pepperoni into rice. Cover; simmer 2 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Drain peppers; stand upright in same baking dish.
- Spoon rice mixture into peppers; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.