Italian Chopped Salad with Margherita® Salami and Pepperoni
Fresh romaine salad with hearty Margherita® Genoa Salami, sliced Margherita® Pepperoni, roasted yellow peppers, red onions, artichoke hearts, olives, pepperonchini and grated Romano cheese, tossed in a black pepper vinaigrette.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 bunch whole romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ pound Margherita® Pepperoni, sliced thin
- ¼ pound Margherita® Genoa Salami, julienned
- ⅓ cup roasted yellow peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- ⅓ cup red onions, rough chopped
- 1½ cups rough chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup mixed olives
- 4-5 pepperoncini whole peppers
- ¼ cup provolone cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- In a large salad bowl, combine romaine lettuce, Margherita® Pepperoni and Genoa Salami, roasted yellow peppers, red onions and artichoke hearts.
- Toss everything together to combine.
- Add vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, pepperonchini, Romano and provolone cheese, and olives to the bowl.
- Toss thoroughly to combine the ingredients. Serve Chilled.