Lemon Risotto with Margherita® Prosciutto and Shrimp
Julienned Margherita prosciutto with buttery shrimp mixed with freshly grated Romano cheese and a twist of lemon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 quart hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots or red onion
- 8 ounces sliced and julienned Margherita® prosciutto
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 pound risotto
- Zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 1 pound 26-30 count raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh grated romano cheese
- fresh arugula for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat chicken stock in separate pan.
- In large 4 quart pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté shallots and prosciutto for 3 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn up heat to Medium-High. Add rice and lemon zest, cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice and wine until reduced.
- Add one 8 oz. ladle chicken stock until absorbed. Keep the rice at just a simmer, continue process for 10-15 minutes. Add shrimp before last ladle of stock.
- Add butter and Romano cheese, stir in well. Place in serving bowl and top with fresh arugula and parsley.