Italian Salami Appetizer Kebabs
Its a deliciously new way to skewer a beautiful appetizer basil leaf-wrapped cherry tomatoes, savory meatballs and Margherita® Hard Salami-wrapped mozzarella balls skewered one-by-one in perfect harmony.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 12 (.5 ounce) fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 small fresh mozzarella cheese balls or 1-inch chunks of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices deli-sliced Margherita Geneo or Hard Salami, halved
- 8 (4-inch) bamboo skewers or cocktail sticks
- In skillet over medium heat cook meatballs 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through; turn frequently to brown.
- To assemble kebabs, wrap 1 basil leaf around 1 cherry tomato; thread onto skewer. Thread 1 heated meatball. Wrap 1 mozzarella ball with a halved salami slice; thread onto skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 12 skewers.