Halibut Fillet Wrapped with Margherita® Prosciutto, Picatta Style
Exquisite prosciutto wrapped around a delicate halibut filet thats seasoned with capers and surrounded with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Simply magnificent.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 slices Margherita® prosciutto ham, sliced thin
- 2 5 -6 ounce halibut fillets (or substitute with Chilean sea bass, salmon, or monkfish fillets)
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 2 ounces seasoned flour
- 2 whole artichoke hearts, halved
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 ounce capers (not salted)
- 4 ounces white wine
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 ounce soy sauce (best quality)
- 3/4 cup unsalted, whole butter (room temperature)
- Preheat sauté pan with olive oil
- On a large plate, lay out 2 slices of Margherita® prosciutto side by side, slightly overlapping each other. Place 1 halibut fillet in the middle of the prosciutto. Place 2 sage leaves one top of the halibut and wrap the fish up in the prosciutto. Do the same to the other fillet.
- Lightly flour each side of the halibut and place in hot sauté pan. Brown both sides evenly. Drain off excess oil and add artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, white wine and lemon juice and soy sauce. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook until halibut is cooked through and sauce is reduced by half.
- Remove pan from fire, add butter and swirl into sauce before serving.