Grilled Margherita® Pepperoni on Focaccia with Sun-Dried Tomato Olio
Toasty focaccia topped with crisp Margherita® Pepperoni slices, melted Provolone cheese and fresh arugula, all drizzled with a rich sun-dried tomato olio.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 3-4 oz focaccia rolls, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced Margherita® Sandwich Pepperoni
- 6 tablespoons sundried tomato olio (to make, combine 4 tablespoons of sundried tomato pesto, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil)
- 6 ounces sliced aged provolone cheese
- In medium saucepan, fry Margherita® Pepperoni over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until edges begin to curl.
- Toast or grill sliced foccacia until crispy.
- Layer pepperoni and cheese to the bottom slices of foccacia bread, distributing evenly among the 4 sandwiches. For melted cheese, place built sandwich bottoms on baking sheet. Bake at 225 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove sandwich bottoms from heat. Add sundried tomato olio, top with baby arugula, close with top half of bread.