Fresh Mozzarella and Margherita® Pepperoni Rollatini
Pepperoni, basil and red pepper blissfully wind their way into the fresh mozzarella in this simple, elegant appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Makes: 2-3 servings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella curd
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Margherita® pepperoni (julienned)
- Simmer balsamic vinegar until reduced to syrup consistency. Chill.
- Heat water and sea salt in medium sauce pan. In medium mixing bowl, break up cheese curd. Just before boil, approximately 185° F, add water and salt to cheese curd. Let stand for 15 - 20 minutes. Knead cheese mixture by pressing together. Take cheese out of bowl, place on large piece of saran wrap, then flatten into a 1/4" sheet.
- Cut basil, pepperoni and red pepper. Spread basil, pepperoni and red pepper over the top and roll cheese, removing saran wrap as you roll. Refrigerate approximately 1 hour (or longer).
- Cut into 1" slices. Garnish with a balsamic reduction and fresh basil.