Our compliments to the chefyou! This simple assortment of Italian Specialty meats and salamis, delicate cheese, fresh vegetables and tangy dressing is superb.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens or spring greens
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Pepperoni or Genoa Salami, folded or cut into strips
- 4 ounces sliced smoked Mozzarella or smoked Provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- ¼ cup thinly sliced small red onion, separated into rings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon each: salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange greens on four large serving plates.
- Arrange pepperoni, capicola, cheese, tomatoes and onion rings attractively over salad.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper; mix well. Drizzle dressing over salads.