Bruschetta Caprese Salad with Margherita® Salami, Pepperoni and Capicola
Its easy to put a fresh spin on a classic caprese salad when you combine authentic salami, capicola and pepperoni with juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and red onion.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1.5-2 hour
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 roasted yellow pepper (peeled and julienne)
- 2 ounces Margherita® Genoa Salami (small dice)
- 2 ounces Margherita® Capicola (thin sliced)
- 2 ounces Margherita® Pepperoni (small dice)
- 4 grape tomatoes or other variety (small dice)
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella (small dice)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion (small dice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- Roast pepper over open flame and place in bag for 5 minutes. Rinse under water and julienne.
- Slice the Margherita® capicola and dice the salami and pepperoni. Continue uniform dicing with the tomatoes, mozzarella and red onion. Chop the fresh basil.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all above ingredients EXCEPT the toasted baguette slices. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Arrange toasted baguettes on a small plate and top with marinated salad in the center.