We took the classic Italian first course and updated it to make it light, easy and delicious. It's a wonderful way to start a meal or to serve on a buffet.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, drained*
- ¼ cup vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- 4 ounces deli-sliced Margherita® Deli Hard Salami or Genoa Salami
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Mortadella or Hot or Sweet Capicola
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Pepperoni
- ½ cup bottled roasted red and/or yellow bell peppers, rinsed and drained and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup drained bottled stuffed green olives (anchovy, almond, garlic or onion)
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Toasted sliced Italian or French bread baguette or sturdy flat crackers
- Combine mozzarella cheese, dressing and basil in a small decorative bowl; chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Fold or roll the deli meats and arrange attractively on a large serving platter. Arrange the bowl of cheese, bell peppers and olives attractively around meats. Garnish the platter with basil sprigs if desired. Place the toast or crackers in a napkin lined basket and have frilly wooden picks or small forks available for serving the antipasto.